Commonly Asked Questions:
- What is dementia and how is it different from Alzheimer’s Disease?
- How does dementia affect the brain?
- What causes the different forms of dementia?
- What is the diagnostic process for dementia?
- What are the treatments for Alzheimer’s and other dementias?
- What supports are available for families and caregivers?
- How do I get involved in clinical trials?
For more Information regarding these and other questions about Alzheimer’s and other related Dementias please visit:
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institute on Aging: www.nia.nih.gov
Go to “Health Information” then click on “Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias”
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral Center: nia.nih.gov/alzheimers
- Alzheimer’s Association: www.alz.org
- US Against Alzheimer’s: www.usagainstalzheimers.org
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America: https://alzfdn.org
- Lewy Body Dementia Association: https://www.lbda.org
- The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration: www.theaftd.org
- Brain Injury Association of America: www.biausa.org
- National Association for Downs Syndrome: www.nads.org
- Bright Focus Foundation: www.brightfocus.org
In addition to the above resources, please contact your local community aging resources for local services within your community.
In my home state of Wisconsin I have worked directly with the following resources regarding clinical trials and encourage you to contact them for more information: